The Blake Stage Company Forensics Team meets in the Black Box Theatre on Tuesdays at Thursdays at lunch throughout the school year. Forensics provides an opportunity for students to express themselves verbally by preparing and presenting speeches, interpreting various types of literature, and/or performing theatrical pieces via Readers Theatre or Ensemble Acting presentations.
Students review and select material, and then work together with Mr. D’Anna and one another to learn the art of forensics and practice for county competitions held at Blake High School.
Forensics builds confidence by developing a wide variety of skills including effective self-expression, an ability to interpret character and convey emotion, and the capacity for public speaking. Students explore the many different forms of literature from interpreting comic pieces to dramatically interpreting all sorts of stories in novels, stories, and plays. Our mission is to enable students to develop and refine self-expression skills while concurrently exploring a variety of material from world literature to children’s literature to pieces on current and global issues.
Here are the dates for next year’s Forensic Team Meets:
- Forensics Meet One, Saturday October 22, 7 am to 5 pm at Blake
- Forensics Meet Two, Saturday December 10, 7 am to 5 pm at Blake
- Forensics Meet Three, Saturday January 21st, 7 am to 5 pm at Blake
- Forensics Finals Meet, Friday February 10 and Saturday February 11 at Blake
- Forensics Awards Night, Wednesday February 22, 7 to 9 pm